Water Absorbent Filter Bags
SEM – Water Absorbent Matrix Bags
SEM Matrix Series use a new type of specially formulated and highly effective water absorbent media. In its pure form, such absorbent is capable of absorbing water from oil up to 100 times its own dry weight. However in its pure form, such water absorbent tends to be unstable. Once exposed, it quickly absorbs moisture from open air. To stabilize the water absorbent for commercial applications a certain percentage of Polyester fiber is mixed into the water absorbent to formulate unique SEM Matrix media, which is capable of absorbing and retaining water content up to 50 times its own dry weight.
Designer SEM filters bags can be tailored to meet each individual customer’s application requirements.
- Superior water absorbing capability: Absorb and retain water up to 50 times its own dry weight.
- Dual purpose: Not only remove water from oil, but also retain contaminants of 1, 5, 10, 25 and 50 micron.
- FDA compliant non-woven felt. 100% free of silicon contamination.
- Single & multiple layer depth media composites.
- 1 ~ 200 micron range, nominal rating.
- Broad chemical compatibilities.
- Fiber migration & extractable free media treatment.
- Large contaminant retention capacities, extended service lives.
- Change-out pressure differential 0.10 MPa, Max. 0.16 MPa.
Quick water removal from various types of mineral oil and greases, such as hydraulic oil, lubrication oil, transformer oil, etc.